Editors' blog from British Patchwork and Quilting Magazine, a monthly publication written by quilters, for quilters

Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

It's almost New Year's Day here.
A time to kiss goodbye to 2012 and to welcome in 2013.
 
This last year has been a busy one in the UK what with the Queen's Golden Jubilee celebrations and the London Olympics, both of which were fantastic examples of what makes Britain great!
It has also been a busy and difficult year for P&Q with Di being unable to work full time on the magazine since the summer, but Judi and I make a great team and we have lots of lovely projects and features in the pipeline for you. Di has said it is quite nice to have the magazine drop through her letterbox each month not knowing what is going to be in it!

The start of a new year is of course a time for reflection and good intentions, aka new year's resolutions. Judi and I have been thinking about what are our quilting resolutions.
Judi's stems from something David Niven said in a tv interview many years ago; to have more fun in the next year than the last. So she plans to have more quilting fun next year than this with places to go, quilts to see, people to be with and........to do just a little, little quilt making just for herself.
For myself, I want to be a bit more productive in my quilt making; to actually FINISH some of my quilts. I make so many quilt tops but rarely get around to quilting them. And this is where my learning to machine quilt comes in. Hopefully once I have mastered this, a lot more of my quilts will get quilted and finished! Like Judi, I too want to try and find a little bit more time to make quilts for me.

And what about our readers? What are your quilting new year's resolutions?

Joanna x




 

No comments:

Post a Comment